Members of the parish of Boulogne, France, led by their parish priest, Fr Frederic Dominy, processed to the Shrine and the statue of Our Lady of Boulogne was
then placed in the sanctuary of the Chapel of Reconciliation. After Mass, Bishop Alan Hopes greeted them and led the short procession to the Slipper Chapel, where
the statue remained for the rest of the day. This recreated the journey of the statue from France to England in 1948 during the cross carrying pilgrimage in
reparation for the recent world war. Crosses were carried from all over England and they are in the shrine grounds marking the Stations of the Cross.
See more photos on our blog: at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?
set=a.1076307635740607.1073741829.1070767532961284+type=3 – Walsingham Blog.