Elmham House Accommodation, Walsingham
Elmham House is the Shrine’s own Guesthouse, open from March to December. It can accommodate over 100 guests, catering for groups as well as individuals.
There are standard single, twin-bedded and family rooms, which all have electric heating and a hand-basin.
Bathroom, WC and shower facilities can be located in all areas of the buildings, some specially adapted for guests with disabilities. Soap and towels are not provided in standard rooms.
In addition to the main house, there are two annexe buildings with bedrooms located at the rear of the property near the gardens. St Joseph’s has a ground floor Common room large enough for meetings and access to the EWTN TV network.
St Anne’s is where the en suite accommodation can be found, nestled behind the Parish Church.
There are only a limited number of en suite single, double and twin-bedded rooms available – available to individuals only. Each room has a shower, hand-basin and WC, colour television and tea and coffee making facilities. Soap and towels are provided for en suite guests.
The licensed restaurant serves a set menu (to be booked in advance), although medical and other diets can be provided. Special occasions – birthdays, anniversaries etc – can be catered for on application, and many groups now come for a winter ‘Two-for-One” get-away (Bargain Breaks – see below) and have a lovely Christmas meal too.
If you would like to make a booking, please call during office hours (Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm*) to ascertain availability. Once you have provisionally booked, a request for a non-refundable deposit to secure the beds will be sent.
Our aim is to provide reasonably priced accommodation for those who wish to visit the Shrine, so it is not possible to book specific rooms, although preferences will be noted.
About two months before you travel you will receive paperwork regarding your visit. Prompt return of this completed paperwork will ensure the Staff are able to allocate rooms and book meals for you.
In January of each year we open the diary for the following year and so early booking of sought-after dates is recommended.
“Two-for-one” – Bargain Breaks:
Why stay for one night – when you can stay for Two Nights Bed and Breakfast for the Price of One? Available from Sunday 10 November 2013 until Sunday 19 December 2013 inclusive our Bargain Breaks have proved popular, but it is still the best time to visit Walsingham if you prefer not to be here when the Shrine is at its busiest. Meals, other than Breakfast, are not included in the offer but you can take advantage of our reasonably priced two course Lunches or Evenings Meals – or both should you wish to book them!
(Bookings are now being taken for the “Two-for-one” in 2014 – 9 November 2014 to 18 December inclusive!)
(NB The two nights must be consecutively taken.)
2013 Spring Saver:
Stay for 3 – Pay for 2 … If you book three consecutive nights between 3 March and up to Easter (28 March inclusive), then you will pay for bed and breakfast for just two of those nights!
Applies to individuals and groups alike – the only limit on the number of beds you can book is 109 – we don’t have any more than that! Another relatively quiet time of the year to visit Walsingham and the surrounding area – you may even catch the Bluebells in the Priory Grounds.
(Bookings are also being taken now for the “Spring Saver” in 2014 – 9 March to 17 April 2014 inclusive!)
(NB: The three nights must be consecutively taken. The tariff for 2013 is now available, but the 2014 tariff is not – see section below).
- Check-in times: 3pm – 10pm. Check-out time: 10am.
- Groups of 10 or more are unable to book en suite beds.
- A cancellation fee may apply to cancelled/unused beds to help fund any loss to the Shrine.
- No pets, only registered working assistance dogs (subject to suitable accommodation being available).
- The use of personal electrical appliances, such as irons and kettles, is discouraged due to the possibility of fire.
- Smoking is only permitted on the picnic area at the Shrine and in the outdoor smoking shelters at Elmham House.
- The Shrine is a non-profit making organisation which provides accommodation through Elmham House to help fund itself. The tariff for accommodation is set at the end of each year according to inflation and expected costs for the following year. Therefore, our Tariff for 2014 will not be available until December 2013. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause but it does help us to offer very reasonable rates.
- To book beds during the New Dawn Conference only please telephone them on 0151 228 0724 as they have all our accommodation booked during the first week of August. Please do not telephone them about beds at other times of the year – please phone our Receptionist – see Contact page.
- We are fully booked for the period over the August Bank Holiday when Youth 2000 are camping at the Shrine.
* The Booking Office, within the Pilgrim Bureau, is closed during the Christmas shut down (please visit our Contact us page for dates).