On Saturday 22nd July 2017 a small group of pilgrims led by Fr Simon Chinery of the Personal Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham gathered in St Mary’s Chapel and then at Charlotte Boyd’s grave to pray for the Holy Souls and to give gratitude to God for the generosity of Charlotte Boyd in gifting the Slipper Chapel into catholic ownership, which in 1934 was declared the National Marian Shrine of Our Blessed Lady, Our Lady of Walsingham in England. It was a time of deep prayer and remembrance and there was a sense that there was great rejoicing amongst the Holy Souls.
We continue to pray for the day when Charlotte’s mortal remains will be transferred to a final resting place besides the Slipper Chapel in Walsingham, which she so greatly loved. Charlotte Boyd died in 1906 so never saw her beloved Slipper Chapel declared as the National Shrine of England, Mary’s Dowry. Like Charlotte used to say… “with a little more prayer and patience” … and many things will happen in God’s good time! Our job is to be faithful to God and to pray much.
We give thanks to those near and far who came to be with us. Bryony Foley, Walsingham Association member travelled from Newcastle Upon Tyne – amazing! Paddy Barry, a parishioner from Holy Souls in Kensal Rise, in a great act of love and generosity, kindly cleaned and restored the grave prior to the Pilgrimage. Anna Humphries, the Cemetery Superintendent and co worker Michael O’ Shea of the Secular Clergy Fund gave kind permission and help for the use of St Mary’s Chapel for Holy Mass and Rosary.
Antonia Moffat - email@example.com